Friday, August 10, 2007

The Special Western Bacon

Yesterday in the afternoon, I went on a perilous and daring journey to a Carl's Jr. (Hardee's as its known in the Midwest) What was so dangerous about this journey you ask? Well, this particular Carl's has a reputation of spitting in people's food. So, when you visit there, you'll usually get something like what the cop got in his burger in the movie "Super Troopers." I was so hungry though, and I was not going to settle for some McDonald's hamburger, because I wanted to eat something that was actually tasty. So I ordered a Western Bacon Cheeseburger, one of Carl's best, and opened it up to find something amazing. They had given me... a DOUBLE... Western Cheeseburger. Now, I came under some speculation here, that maybe that extra patty was hiding a big ole' wad of spit underneath it; so I carefully examined the burger's sectors. I actually felt like I was in the middle of hunting down a wanted criminal or something.

Top bun - Clear

Top patty - Clear

Bottom patty - Clear

Bacon strips - Clear

Bottom bun and onion rings - Clear

After I had officially declared the burger 100% spit free, I proceeded to step two: Eating it.

And now I have learned how it feels to be a food inspector.

No comments: